THE ESCOLTA - 1945
 

On the left (South) bank of the Pasig River reading from the bottom: Insular Ice Plant (lower foreground), Santa Cruz Bridge (destroyed), Post Office and Jones Bridge. Tall prominent buildings in the lower right foreground is the Great Eastern Hotel. Just above it is Plaza Goiti. Santa Cruz Church (destroyed) is at the far corner of the Plaza. Behind this plaza is the Santa Cruz Plaza. At far left center, just beyond Jones Bridge, is the National City Bank of New York. Most of the North bank is known as the Escolta, or business district. The long building on the lower bank of the canal is the Philippine Trust Company. The photo was taken on 9 March 1945.(National Archives Photo)

 

 

Layout & Imaging 2006 -  Corregidor Then and Now : Corregidor Historic Society  All Rights Reserved