PLAZA DE ESPAÑA, 1945
 

A pair of American tanks in the Plaza de Espana, around the corner from Calle Aduana. The ruined structure on the left is the Sto. Domingo Church, which was never reconstructed.
 

(National Archives Photo)

   


 

PLAZA DE ESPAÑA, 2005
 

Although the sign has gone and the name does not exist in current Manila Street Maps, the small monument to the left pays tribute to King Philip II of Spain. The Bank of the Philippine Islands Building stands where Sto. Domingo Church once stood. This is the corner of Solana and A. Soriano Jr. (formerly Calle Aduana). The Japanese (cars) has once again taken over Intramuros..
 

(Captions & 2005 Photograph by TheCameraReturns)

     

 

 

 

Layout & Imaging © 2006 -  Corregidor Then and Now : Corregidor Historic Society  All Rights Reserved