CLICK TO CLOSE THIS PAGE

PARACHUTE SCHOOL, FT BENNING.

 

The 503rd Parachute Infantry Regiment was activated at Fort Benning Georgia on March 2, 1942. The regiment was shipped overseas via the Panama Canal zone where it was joined by the 501st Battalion, which then became 2nd Battalion, 503d PIR.
 

 

Photograph courtesy of "Jungle Jim" Mullaney, Louisville KY. 2005 Corregidor Historic Society - all rights reserved