USS General D. E.
Aultman (AP-156) was
a General G. O. Squier-class transport
ship for the U.S.
Navy in World
War II. The ship was crewed by the U.S.
Coast Guard throughout
the war. She was then assigned to the "Magic-Carpet" fleet,
contributing her important part to the gigantic task of returning
the hundred of thousands of Pacific veterans. She made two
"Magic-Carpet" voyages to the Far East before decommissioning at San
Francisco 15 March 1946.