Two Sherman tanks emerge from Plaza de España, within Intramuros on
23 February 1945. The church (left) is Santo Domingo Church, which
had been bombed during the early Japanese raids in 1941.
SANTO DOMINGO CHURCH, PLAZA DE
ESPAÑA - 2005
Although the sign has gone and
the name does not exist in current Manila Street Maps, the small
monument to the left pays tribute to King Philip II of Spain. The
Bank of the Philippine Islands Building stands where Sto. Domingo
Church once stood. This is the corner of Solana and A. Soriano Jr.
(formerly Calle Aduana). The Japanese (cars) have once again taken
(Captions & 2005 Photo by TheCameraReturns