There has been a church at Plaza Miranda since 1586, and
its survival amidst the damage of February 1945 is as remarkable a
miracle as could occur. Also known as the "Church of the
Black Nazarene", for the sixteenth century Mexican carved black
wooden statue of the Christ, the building survived damage
where most structures nearby were destroyed.
also card 3